Friday, September 19, 2008

Disney Favorites: Ratatouille

I've always been a fan of Disney movies, especially since as I get older, I find deeper meanings every time I watch a rerun.

One of Disney's most recent movies is Ratatouille. Nagustuhan ko na siya agad sa unang panood:
1. Because I'm born year of the Rat
2. Because the movie is about food
3. Because andaming lessons yung movie

A lot of the movie's "teachings" speak directly to me having just graduated from LEAP. One such learning I got from Remy is just to follow what your heart dictates.

As Remy should everyone, he proved Gusteau's mantra that anyone can be a cook. As a matter of fact, anyone can be who or s/he wants to be. Again the age-old adage: If there's a will, there's a way.

Linguini tried to hide the fact that Remy was directing his culinary actions in the kitchen. But eventually the truth shall unfold. This reminds me of a Filipino kasabihan: walang sikretong hindi nabubunyag.

In general, this movie really captivates me because here is Remy, who's really a cool cool rat, who let his passion guide him, and at the end, he's total success. Not because he has loads of money or he has his own restaurant with a renowned food critic as an investor, but because he is doing what he was born to do. Nothing beats following your truth.

No comments: