Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Alchemist: Take 2

January 29, 2008

I am now reading again Paolo Coelho's The Alchemist. I did not understand the book quite well the 1st time I got a taste of it a few years back. I remember I had read it around April or May of 2005 before I went to Taiwan for my 1st living-abroad experience.


I also remember liking Coelho's writing style. There is a sense of adventure that gave me the momentary laps of wonderment and imagination, as well as enough touch of quotes about life that left me grounded.


After taking FLEX, ALC, LEAP, staffing thrice for FLEX and twice for ALC, and chiefing a FLEX, I am again taking another leap of faith as to what this book now has to teach me.


The words now about universal conspiracy to one's declarations of heart do not sound as alien as before. Previous images of cult practises now provide images of a graceful spiritual flight. Through the life of a young shepherd, I was allowed access to reflect on my own life.


My father used to mock me about keeping books for the purpose of rereading them in the future. I look back and see he is wrong.

No comments: