Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year, New What?

As I sit here coming up with a new entry for my blog, I see the evening sky from my 2 bedroom windows bursting with flavorful colors of violet, pink, red, yellow, green. My ears are ringing from the explosives and my back's hurting from sitting too long on this chair.

The lights and booms appear too close for comfort, as if when I reach out of the window, I can easily cup in my hands these puffy colorful flowers of the night.

Since this morning, I kept shaking this irate feeling of fear, uncertainty, anxiety. I kept trying to bring back the loving Haidee, the one who believes that love is the answer, no other way to do it.

On my right window, I watch red strikes glide the walls of my room. On my left window, I watch red and green bullets attack the serenity of a regular night. I lowered the volume of my TV to bask in the thunders. I feel my floor shiver now and then. I can smell the residue of fireworks powder even with tightly closed doors and windows.

Looking back, I have never experienced New Year like this, feeling alienated, alone, incomplete. Looking back, I have never witnessed New Year like this. Usually, I turn the TV and music from my laptop full blast to drone out the unwanted sounds.

But now, I feel like a child again. A continuous replay of "Seasons of Love" serves as the perfect background to the pitter-patter of the celebrations, the sprinkle of Trix-colored night pellets.

I guess 2008 is very promising after all. :)

No comments: